Thursday, September 30, 2010

Does This Count as Success?

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that." 


1.  I took a sick day.  With a fever, body aches and a husband away for 48 hours, we patronized the fast food industry, left the dishes on the counter and our crumbs on the floor and enjoyed a day on the couch between A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh and the BBC's Life Series. 

2.  The three days after the infirmary cleared, I realized why moms NEVER take sick days.  But despite being behind in absolutely everything, I managed to not get overwhelmed.

3.  As the week progressed I actually made it out of bed and was completely dressed before the kids got up, which, in a small house with many sleeping babies is quite a success.  Of course, the majority of the credit belongs to the Guardian Angels who covered the little sleeping ears, but for my part, I did get up on time!



FaithButton


1 comment:

JJ's Mom said...

Nice list Jenny Lynn! Maybe I should have a talk with the Guardian Angels at our house. I NEVER beat the boys up!