Friday, September 10, 2010

Cuddle Bugs



Luci has been studying hard in the classroom...







Or maybe "reading" is just another excuse to cuddle with her big brother.


In fact, Luci is so fond of it that cuddling has become an official activity in our house. I was refused a hug the other day, without hesitation, because, and I quote, "no, my cud Pia now!" And when I reminded Isabelle of her horses accidentally left to pasture on my living room floor, I was put in my place with an exasperated response, "I can't now mom, Luci needs me to cuddle with her." But not all the results of cuddle time are heart ache and rejection for Mommy. The other children have learned well the manipulation of childhood infatuation. Now, before I can summon the composure to once again interrupt my work to address the frantic screams of "No Luci, NO, not the..." my children suffer a severe bi-polar attack and in a remarkable display of vocal tenacity, they begin to express delight and amazement at how they just realized the sibling in the other room desperately wants to cuddle, immediately. Within moments the unsuspecting bystander is being lead down the hallway with Luci and her blanket in the lead.

Once I, by way of the voice in the other bedroom, found myself subject to a violent need for physical connection with my fourth child, the only drawback being that, as pictured above, the official act of cuddling requires you sit sideways in the chair. As my initial attempt at "cuddling with Luci" was exactly what you would expect of a mother sharing a chair with her child,... sideways... I have not suffered any subsequent attacks.

But Luci, thankfully, continues to need it with her siblings daily.

1 comment:

Jo Shabo said...

I love cuddling! :) Lola is at that age right now too... it is the best! :)
Luci is just the sweetest little thing- and her brothers and sisters too for cuddling with her- just precious!