It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.
1. I am still doing push ups! (The success being in the "still" rather than the "doing push ups," which remain a humble attempt to get my nose closer to the ground a pathetically few times ever morning.)2. One evening, I took a moment to consider that the day had been hard, the night before short, and the frustration, anxiety and general feeling of being overwhelmed just might be affecting my ability to reason, if not certainly my ability to be charitable. So I closed my mouth, and succeeded in not responding to that comment, which didn't seem nearly as irritating the next day.
3. And finally, I am succeeding in stopping myself from working on this post, and returning to the things that are more important right now; children, schooling and getting to our appointments.

2 comments:
#2 is amazing. What an inspiration!!
#3 is perfect :). Thank you for that.
Action begets action, I recently read. Thanks for inspiring me to look at the small successes.
Post a Comment