Tuesday, September 7, 2010

48

That is how many pairs of "big girl" panties I have washed in the past week. At least, I am assuming that is how many, as Luci only owns nine pair and I have found myself rushing through a hasty load of laundry five different times after dragging my knuckles across the empty bottom of her drawer. To add to this are the three pair we went through this evening.

The first, saturated during the creativity explosion that contributed to the construction of Luciana's first ever "Dat neat one, Mom!" building. Regrettable, but understandable.

The second puddled developed after a shower of attempted coy smiles, batted eyelashes and "my done, peezzz," all delivered in a way that would have cracked a mother of fewer children, had failed to produce her release from one bite of ham. Questionable, but forgivable.

The third, Undeniable. In the midst of bed time activities, while removing her virtually empty cup from the table and becoming aware of the time passed from the previous puddling, I attempted a proactive solution but was firmly rejected. Left to pondered the genetics that could produced such a substantial bladder in so small a child, I was startled to find her return momentarily saying "yook momma" with knees that were sopping and a grin that communicated extreme delight in her little joke.

She finished the evening in diapers, and I put the last three panties in the wash.

And Luciana's status as potty trained depends entirely upon how the washer and I feel about "big girl" panties in the morning.


Although Luci is seemingly unmotivated in her bathroom habits, she has taken a solid interest in clothing. So enjoy some interesting pictures of her current interest.



She is too focused on her work to smile at me.


She was actually having to work at not letting her cheeks grin.




She has improved slightly since these pictures were taken, although with this improvement has come a regrettable decline in the fashionable distinctions at bed time.




She voluntarily turned around so I could get a picture of her back half.


No comments: