"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
1. I got up before all the children one morning and enjoyed a truly relaxing moment with our Lord during my morning prayer time. Although He never tires of their constant interruptions, my simple mind usually lacks the clarity of thought to construct a coherent thought through them. This simple success I owe to another, though...
2. That other being, I went to bed at the time I should, despite the piles of potential good I could have done and the anguish it caused to know I would be greeted by those same piles in the morning.
3. And for the third, I have to offer quite a great success actually. I ate a hamburger this weekend that was a little on the burnt side, and by a little I mean, it crunched right up to the very heart of it. Normally, upon picking up my burger and realizing my hands were as black from the patty as they were red from the ketchup, I would have cut my loses, chucked the black disc to the Frisbee players, and waited for the picnic food line to shorten before trying my chances at a second lunch. BUT, I have been trying to find a simple sacrifice at each meal to offer up, hoping to temper my senses with a simple gift to our Lord, so when I saw the eager teenage server select the patty most resembling a hockey puck, just for me, I knew my Lord was offering me the grace to persevere where I might have chosen simply to eat.

3 comments:
WOW!! This is GREAT, and such thought for me to ponder and remember and strive for. Thanks for giving me a glimpse at everyday holiness. God Bless you!!
I've been trying waking up before everyone too just so I could get in some time for prayer without interruption. Great job!
Nice work momma! These are some serious successes. Number 2 is soooo hard for me, and you're motivating me to persevere!
Post a Comment