Our Irises, ready for Easter. (Photo courtesy of Peter Ellis)
In honor of the occasion, we have once again transformed our dirt patch into what we liberally call a garden. I had once been told that the standard rule for gardening was to plant after Good Friday, but having inadequate knowledge to defend the claim and experience that had produced two years of an abundance of mud, I conceded to my husband's prodding, and we planted a week early.
Two days later we froze, literally.

Who would have thought a little string and some old CDs could prevent a return of last year's pesky pokers, that is, besides an online forum and my husband. But in defense of the disco dirt pile, we have yet to find any of our little friends partying there. Perhaps there is some truth to bird's only enjoying their own music.
Current Score
Arctic Winter Blast 17 Seedlings, 1 Bell Pepper and possibly 1 Basil
Persistent Little Squirrel 1 Cantaloupe (roots and all)
Would-be Gardeners 24 potential producers


2 comments:
I hope this garden makes it!
Good Luck!!!
Post a Comment