Another week, another set of successes...
1. I tackled all four calendars this week by Monday morning and had our meals planned, breakfast, lunch and dinner, our school days sorted, my cleaning assigned and our social engagements slotted. Seemingly, this is no success, as I had planned to complete it by Saturday, but as history is a very accurate indicator of future actions, completion by Monday morning is almost miraculous.
2. I was the proud mother of FIVE children five and under for two and half days this week while my sister was busy relinquishing ownership of her intestinal appendage. Best of all, through the constant onslaught of dirty hands, toes, diapers, and noses, I shared some great cuddle time with a nephew who is usually too busy for a pause with his aunt.
3. For a moment this week, through grace alone, I managed to embrace an understanding about my life which I have been seeking for a very long time. My daily work, in this case that nasty kitchen floor, is not swept and mopped so that I can check it off the list for another week, or that I can smile with contentment as my feet squeak across its gleaming surface, but rather, it is primarily a means to my sanctification and the sanctification of those in my life. It is with this grace filled realization that I claim success in not losing my peace while witnessing my glistening floor be christened by two glasses of apple juice as I returned from putting the mop bucket away.

2 comments:
I had the SAME intestinal issue this week, and was incapacitated for almost 2 days. My neighbor and husband came to my rescue!!! God is so giving and good. Thank you for helping your sister! Loved #3.....I need to mantle your attitude. Thanks for the inspiration!!
As usual Jenny-Lynn I am very impressed. I finally finished the book on St. Therese so hopefully this summer I can get that to you. She has great insight into your number 3. But it sounds like you already got it!
Post a Comment