Monday, March 30, 2009

Mary's Cream Puffs

Here are some pictures from our Cream Puff celebration. It is much easier to take pictures the night of, than to get the post up. A result of celebration side-effects, I think.

Pudding Prep.
(I missed all the puff prep pictures; containing the goo and hot pans won out over the camera)





Peter helped Isabelle with the milk.




A glass of wine helped mommy with the spills.



And after two minutes of stirring, Peter will confirm that you can actually see pudding become solid.



Our Head Chef.

Having discerned that a plate of nachos stood between each of us and the consumption of puffs, she wisely took over bean spreading, as mommy's attentions had necessarily been redirected to puff assembly. I don't think a chip has been more thoroughly, or lovingly, adorned with beans, and the process would have continued all night, that amount of time being necessary to complete four plates at that speed, had I not discovered her de-salting the chips before spreading. A slip of the tongue, it seems. She didn't really understand my concern, as she assured me it was only her own chips stripped of their seasonings.




The Dish Boy.

There was debate over where a pair of two year old hands could be most... useful. In pudding and puffs, or soap and suds.

This picture captured him after he scrubbed his left ear. A few suds remain.




Squeezing an excess of chocolate on their puffs was perhaps their favorite part.

Even though for mom, a heap of Hershey's didn't do the trick, celebrating with the kids was worth every drop.

5 comments:

Momma Mere said...

at least the puffs look good and what a fun adventure in making them!

Uncle Matty said...

I think maybe you should have waited to give them a bath until after the cream puffs!

Jen said...

I think Isabelle should be in charge at the next Ellis Family meal!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jenny Lynn,

After seeing the picture of Daniel with the soap on his ear I hereby announce, by order of the Brother, that you have the cutest children on the planet.