
In with the not as old. Just a mere 8 months after saying bye to an old friend, we have another slow dying vehicle. A gracious Uncle in Arlington gave us a 1989 Mazda 626 with 192,000 miles after the Roomy Lumy died last summer. For the last year, the Mazda has been doing a great job for my 4 mile round trip commute each work day.
In the middle of April the power steering pump started making noises that scared dogs and turned heads in the neighborhood when I tried to turn the corner. I nursed it for another month until the pump finally died in mid-May. For the last month I have been building my arm muscles for the 6 turns I have to make to get to work.
Finally, this past Saturday, after 3 weeks of searching, I found another vehicle, one with 65k less miles, a functioning power steering pump, and air conditioning to boot.
Introducing our newest member of the family, a 1996 Isuzu Rodeo, which my lovely(sarcasm) wife has gleefully nicknamed Rodito!
1 comment:
Jerito ... love the name and the color of your new friend. You two will become best buds.
Juror #8
Post a Comment