This week I have been walking the line between the responsibilities I, as a mother, have to my children and the responsibilities my body, as a possessor of my foot, has to rest and healing. Given a child's need to run, jump and generally expel a large amount of energy restructuring their world, and the obvious contrast this has with taking one's ease and a general sense of order, has forced us all into a state of compromise. Thankfully, our Father is gracious to show his blessings in all things, and so I have been remembering something a friend told me recently, "don't let the best get in the way of the good." And so this week has been about humility in the good.
1. It would have been best to vacuum up the outside that had come in during the day, but it was good that I crawled around with a dust pan and broom to sweep up what I could while Luci slept.
2. It would have been best for me to cook dinner the other night, but it was good that we didn't spend money eating out but found an assortment of left overs in the fridge.
3. It would have been best for me to return my friends phone call, but it was good that I offered some of my work in prayer for her.

1 comment:
thank you for sharing your insight about "best" and "good." My body certainly is not keeping up with our active 2-year-old and I'm having to search for the good in how to show my love to him.
Post a Comment