Thursday, June 18, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton


In my last set of posted Successes humility ruled, as I accepted the good as my best amidst all my limitations. So this week...

1. I got down on my hands and knees along with my new found laundry buddy, Fels Naptha, and laid out our duvet cover that has suffered so grievously over the past six years, primarily at the hands of naughty nappers and wayward toddlers. With great enthusiasm, Fels and I examined every inch of the king sized sheet, front and back, before sending it through the wash with six years of neglected childhood grime. But in the end, I realized it would have been best to have treated most of these stains years ago, but it was good that I washed the duvet.

2. Having received the "all is clear, unless it hurts of course," signal from the doctor last week, the kids and I ran from the house every morning to enjoy our reunion with the outside world, only to return in time for dinner and bed. My success in all of this was having a well planned week, with activities, snacks, lunch and dinner ready and waiting. A full tummy makes for a much happier toddler, even if he is exhausted from all our excursions.

3. I am not writing any more, so I can spend time with my husband...

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ooh I have to do number 1 and 3 :) Nice job!

Gia said...

I love you!