Thursday, May 21, 2009

Small Successes

1. I walked a mile in someone else' shoe. Someone with very poor fashion sense.


My sprain from last Monday turned out to be an avulsion fracture of one of the foot bones. Thankfully, only another couple miles should be required of my new attire, before I can hobble on my own.

2. I called for help. Not vocally. Not even literally, I guess. My husband dialed the numbers. But when it was clear ankle, boots and crutches were more than my husband and I could handle, we called in the Calvary and repressed my desire to keep all my balls in the air on my own.

Thank you for all your help, mom, you have been amazing!

3. We played Slap Jack instead of putting the kids to bed. They did eventually find their beds, but one big boy was much happier knowing his promised game was not postponed yet another day.

FaithButton

4 comments:

Mammasita said...

Yes thank you, Mom! We have got an updated blog and photos now! Love the new kid pics on the side.

ViolinMama said...

Oh no! I was worried actually you had more of a sprain! I'm glad you are healing finally and correctly, but what a "pain" lol! Yeah for Mom!

Great list, you are awesome! Have a better week!

Tracy said...

I hope you heal quickly!

I especially love number three! They get so excited when they are allowed to stay up past their bedtimes, don't they?!

Padron said...

What she didn't say is that the most difficult thing about wearing the boot is that it weighs more than she does.