Thursday, May 7, 2009

Small Successes

1. When things got crazy this week, twice, and dinner prep was replaced with doctor visits, ear infections, fever and chills, I forced myself to put the car keys back on the hook and open up the fridge for another helping of "Casserole Creations." It is amazing how many left over veggies can be tucked into a fritata!

2. Knowing it was hotter than I like, the kids and I still took one of the last pre-lunch walks we will enjoy for a while, courtesy of a slight break in the descending Texas heat. Upon returning, we all promptly kicked off our shoes and spread out under the fan.

3. After a long day of juggling the roles of house cleaner, nurse and teacher, and after persevering through my second "Casserole Creation" of the week, instead of taking a break while waiting for the healthy portion of the family to return with my baby's medicine, I used the minutes I had to clean what I could rather than leaving it for my husband while I attended the homeschool meeting that evening. Unfortunately, my minutes were few, sorry my dear!


FaithButton

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Casserole creation...lol! Good for you for not going out! I will try that this week!

I love your header pic...too precious.

ViolinMama said...

Love your casserole creations! I've done that too!! Not with casseroles, but you keep inspiring me. I'll try them! You should post recipes!!

Have a great weekend!

Jeremiah said...

Was I supposed to clean??