Friday, May 15, 2009

A Mother's Pain, a Son's Gain

On Monday I had the misfortune of stumbling over Isabelle while balancing Luci, a bag and my husband's tennis shoes. In heroic maternal form, I sacrificed my ankle for the crushing blow Luci might have otherwise suffered and performed a stellar mid air half flip and twist to land with one sideways ankle and a black and blue knee. Unfortunately, Isabelle missed the entire show despite her front row seat. She was busy chasing the runaway raisin in her trail mix.

The one blessing in this production is the extension of liberties for which Peter has been desperate, since the birth of his little sister. Now, not only is he allowed to pick Luci up, but I have been begging him to cart her all over the house, even, to his delight, in and out of the crib. She doesn't seem to mind the new transportation arrangement, but we are all grateful for what looks like a quick return to mommy's mobility.



Can you see, "look how big I am!" written all over his face.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I think that's written on her face too!

Momma Mere said...

Wow those are some really cute kiddos! I agree Luci has it written on her face too! I am glad Peter is able to help out!

ViolinMama said...

Awww, what a cute cute boy there!!! They both look so excited!!!

I'm glad you are feeling better. We're praying for ya!

Tracy said...

Too precious! I'm glad that he is eager to help, and pray for your continued recovery.

It's just a long list of bodily sacrifices we make for these treasures of ours, isn't it? A list that all parents are glad to have.