Thursday, May 14, 2009

Small Successes

1. I persevered through the sweet pleading of my two year old, even ignoring the single tear rolling down his cheek despite my aching mother's heart, to follow through with a punishment I knew my doodle Dan needed. Thankfully, I was able to find a time to award him the denied cookie later that day.

2. I made a decision about our homeschool curriculum for next year. Decisions are not my expertise, considering every detail of each option from all angles, is.

3. I did not make one correction, suggestion or interjection while my husband prepared dinner for us and allowed me to rest my sprained ankle. He did quite well. Thanks my dear.

FaithButton

7 comments:

Momma Mere said...

aww I don't know how you could resist Doodle Bug! Thanks for being strong and I am glad he later received the cookie too!

ViolinMama said...

GREAT list, and great job parenting...it is SO hard sometimes.

Yeah on hubby cooking...sorry about your sprain! Get well SOON!!!

Tracy said...

I kwim about analyzing every detail about curricula choices! Good job on make the decision.

Anonymous said...

Ooh me too about #2. I went to a hsing conference last weekend, and I felt so overwhelmed with all the options! It was helpful to hear one speaker advise you to pick something and stick with it, supplementing as you go. That gave me permission not to drive myself crazy overanalyzing. I still have a few years to go before starting, and I'm already doing it!

Jami said...

Jenny-Lynn,

I'm sure you have a lot of resources but a friend of mine homeschools her little girl. Maybe you could connect with her if you wanted. Her brother and Jer and Kelly were friends at Paramount Terrace. Her name is Jessica Nichols Boyd. You could find her from my facebook page. Looking forward to seeing y'all next weekend. We still good for meeting sometime on Sat??

Happy Girl said...

I love Thursdays on your blog! Every week it makes me so happy to read about your successes. It makes me think I should start keeping a list of my small successes being a part-time mom to 300 =-)

Jenny Lynn said...

Caitlin, I bet you have some great stories. If you ever write them down I would love to read them! There are certainly times that the thought of 300 would put a troublesome two year old in perspective!

Jamie, We can't wait to see everyone! It has been too long!