Monday, March 23, 2009

Growing...


Our little Luci went in for her six month appointment recently (yes, she is 7 1/2 months old) and we discovered what we already suspected. We have a normal, healthy, beautiful girl.

Of course, by being normal, she is quite exceptional for our family.


Because these have never existed in our family before. And by these I mean chubby, rolly, fat, plump... well, in reality, anything but bony little stick legs!




She is now 16 1/2 lbs (50%) and 28 in (90%). She has slimmed down from the 95% in weight after gaining the gift of mobility. This gift, along with causing anxiety attacks for most of the family, has recently entitled her to crash many a tea party and train construction site, sample a floor of left overs while mommy is busy, and enjoying a whole bowl of cat food.




Watch out world, here she comes!




Some of Luci's other recent accomplishments are eating 23 different kinds of food, of which Peter and Isabelle are keeping a close count, and as with all their close counting, the list must be restated every time they realize her little hands have helped themselves to something new. I didn't bother informing them of all the things sampled while she and I were on retreat last weekend. I think avoiding the debate over mashed potatoes being consumed after the carrots or before the peas a wise option right now.

6 comments:

Mammasita said...

Luci is such cutie! What a great cuddler and lover!

I personally love pudgy thighs Luci!

Padron said...

Congratulations, Luci... on finally having a post dedicated solely to you!

Uncle Matty said...

Luci looks like she was just made for hugging!

Elisa said...

She is so beautiful!

And she outweighs Claire by a full 1/2 lb!!

Momma Mere said...

I love her big eyes!!!!! She is made for hugging, I miss those sweet Luci hugs!

Momma Mere said...

I like the conversation in the background of the video about "it's a birthday card!"