Sunday, March 8, 2009

Good Day Mr. Moon




On my way to mass the other day, accompanied only by my Doodle, a guy made for going whenever there is a place to have him, I was privileged to witness his developing humor. Enjoyable during the car ride, not so much at mass.

Doodle: (in casual observance) "Derrr de moon."
Mommy: (amused at his observational skill) "Oh, good job, that is the moon!"
Doodle: (casually continuing) "He go mass wit us."
Mommy: (amused, now, with his imagination) "Oh, really. He's going to mass with us?"
After a moments pause to reflect upon the situation...
Doodle: "Noooo," (with a tilted nod and grin indicating how silly I am), "He not go mass! He can't opin dat door!"

Upon further reflection, I am thankful neither the moon nor the sun can open the door, mass would be quite crowded then.

2 comments:

Momma Mere said...

Daniel is very smart!

Uncle Matty said...

I guess you are waiting for someone else to comment before you post you next article. So I am commenting, please now give us more.

Love,
Matthew