Peter just recently celebrated his 5th birthday, and anyone who has been around Peter for more than a few minutes will hear stories of his new train pieces, three of which just came in the mail this past week after a most unpleasent 4 days of transit on the UPS truck.
With these three new pieces, which included a turn-table, a switch track, and 6 pedestals to provide for an elevated track. These pieces were a very big deal!
Here below is by far the best track we have ever designed. I am thinking of changing career paths after this successful engineering feat!

Now I know what you are saying, "That just looks like a normal toy train set," but to a well trained eye this is incredible. Included in this track layout, is a turn-table, crossover drawbridge, 4 splits, a switch track, a 7 piece long double elevated track, and Cranky the crane.

In this low angle shot, you can see James and Oliver pulling the freight cars through the turn-table one at a time. In the top middle you can see Cranky working hard. On the right is the drawbridge, and to the left is the elevated track.

Here are Thomas and Percy pulling Daisy through the switch track next to Cranky.
Peter was very thrilled with this track, proudly proclaiming, "I never build a train track like this before, it is pretty neat."
And I can't end without saying a very grateful thank you to my assistant track designer, Uncle Philip-pie. We worked hard on this for well over 45 minutes and are very pleased with the results that we obtained.
7 comments:
oh my goodness that train is amazing!!! I am glad Peter got his turn table.
Meredith, you shouldn't encourage him!
I can see a great future for both Jen and Philip-pie at Trains R Us.
Wow! Peter that is an awesome track! Will you get to leave it out for a month so Gammy can see it?
Very impressive train design... although I am surprised... all this time I thought the assistant designers name was Uncle Philip-Pi.
Poppy
I got the story about the trains in much less than three minutes! I think Peter mentioned it in the first 2.5 seconds! Great to see you guys at Mass.
I wasn't encouraging him...I was just trying to remind everyone of little "fur" year old Peter when everything was "AMAZING"
mmm skittles. i'm not too crazy about sweet tarts. jack would really like peter's train. he got a cool train set for his birthday that's he's played with every day since. when is that baby coming? how do you feel??
Post a Comment