During our nesting episode this morning, sorting through the diaper changing table, Isabelle and I began to discuss where we would put our new baby to sleep, and where big brother Daniel would sleep, and would she like to maybe sleep in the room with her new brother or sister? For some reason this last question greatly concerned her. Apparently saying "is the baby a boy or a girl?" never communicated the extreme degree of uncertainty in our situation like asking "is the baby a brother or sister?" So, to relieve her anxiety, and secretly in hopes that a couple guardian angels might shed light on my own uncertainties, I encouraged Isabelle to ask the baby.
After a few minutes of inter-belly button chatting, she declared, "He said he is a sister!"
I think the angels are laughing at me right now... At least Isabelle was satisfied with the answer.
2 comments:
Thank you so much for keeping such an amazing blog- I love checking on it to see how you and Jeremiah and the kiddos are doing. I'm praying for you and the baby. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough if it's a boy or a girl.
Caitlin
Okay, Maybe I check your blog too often. At any rate, every day that you don't post I think "did they have the baby?" You are all in my prayers. We are praying for a safe delivery!
Maggie
St. Gerard ++ Pray for us ++
Post a Comment