Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Queso?

Recently I read an interesting article about various foods that not only benefit a particular organ in the body, but also resemble that organ in different ways. So, a tomato is not only good for your heart, but it also is red and has four chambers like the heart. A sliced carrot looks like the eye, with its pupil, iris and radiating lines, and enhances blood flow to the eyes and eye development.
This article brought great clarification to the terrible craving for avocados which I have suffered through during all the other pregnancies, because, as "they" say...

"Eggplant, Avocados and Pears target the health and function of the womb and cervix of the female - they look just like these organs. Today's research shows that when a woman eats 1 avocado a week, it balances hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight and prevents cervical cancers. And how profound is this? .... It takes exactly 9 months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit."

Unfortunately, it raises another question, namely, why does my mouth water with uncontrollable desire for chips and queso every time I am near a Taco Cabana?


And more importantly, what is behind the cravings of other people???


2 comments:

Mammasita said...

Ummm...What does this say about my husband?

Jenny Lynn said...

And the rest of the men in our family? I'm not sure where "they" would go with beer yeast?