So when the muscles in my arms tightened under the familiar weight of the camera yesterday, all to capture the loss of a tooth, I expected a similar milestone accomplished excitement that had accompanied so many others.

And yet, a tiny piece of my maternal heart seems to have been plucked out along with this whee little tooth. For the first time the flash of the camera was not recording what had become new in our child's life, but what had so long been there and was not any more.
Perhaps this is a little much for a tooth, even one watched for daily over six years ago, but in a tangible way, part of my first born's childhood was just out grown, and every day he is becoming more of a big boy.
7 comments:
OH wow I can't believe he's old enough to start losing teeth!!!! I can't wait to hear about this exciting adventure from him!
I think I just got teary eyed over a lost tooth!
I don't think it was an adventure. I got sick of him complaining about how he couldn't eat. I asked to look at it and I pulled it before he knew it!
I laughed, I cried and I so identified.
Just wait till he gets married!
And, by the way it has nothing to do with the woman he's marrying-I have a beautiful daughter-in-law(just so no one misinterprets)
Jer your story was good but Peter gave me a better story today, thanks for trying though.
Post a Comment