Thursday, January 28, 2010

Small Successes

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.


1. Knowing that we should really have already recovered from the disorder the holidays inevitably bring, I successfully rewrote our daily schedule with a little less down time and little more domestic recovery time.

2. After rescheduling my life, I successfully ignored the little voice whispering in my ear about the toilet that could really use some attention, and faced the fact that a mound of ironing could make any other chore seem more important. Ironing was on the schedule, not toilets.

3. I successfully held my ground for one more week in the battle over the breakfast spoon. It means sitting by a hungry, stubborn, insistently self reliant one year old, and starting my day ten minutes later than I would like. But anything is better than chiseling crusty Malt-O-Meal off the floors and walls and cabinets and chairs...


FaithButton

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my am I familiar with chiseling food off of tables, chairs and walls. Great job on scheduling!

Unknown said...

Maybe I should make a schedule, I feel so overwhelmed sometimes and I just have one kid--what am I going to do with two!! The hardest thing for me to get done is Laundry-well, I can get it done, I just can't get it put away very easily. Do you do it all on one day or a little everyday?

ViolinMama said...

Oh yes...the food everywhere. I hear you. My 18th month old is the same way.

Love your list...full of humor and grace. Thanks for inspiring me!

Kim said...

you IRON?

Jenny Lynn said...

Laura- I finally gave in and set aside two days (now that there are six to wash for) entirely to laundry. That's all I do, otherwise it just sits around all week and I feel like my entire life is centered around a bouncing washer! Of course, as I type I am remembering one more load that didn't make it out of the dryer yesterday... Thursday's laundry day will not make next weeks successes.