So I called my dear sister, who had come to quite a similar discovery, and in pure mommy "you did what?!" insanity, we grabbed the first set of appointments available, loaded all five kids in the van and drove off with no more concern than mothers headed to the park.
Armed with two strollers, a baby sling, a bag of grapes, a bag of cheerios, a bag of Kix, a package of gold fish and two different juice options, the children and I attacked the sidewalks of the shopping center while Julia was relieved of her fashionably flabby tail. As the last of her locks were chopped, and the cheerios had lost their charm, I was forced to raise the white flag as the ominous clouds overhead began to wield their power over the sidewalk strollers below.
But before I could lament my return to the land of rubber-banded hair, two gallant fathers raced from work to rescue us from being soggy salon invaders and I too was allowed the privilege of enjoying my curling brush again. (As well as the much needed break from the kids!)
Not the best pictures of the styles, but enough to document the lack of pony-tails!
4 comments:
so THAT's why we all have short hair when we are older and have kids! I'll have to be on the look-out for styles I like when the day comes!
-Kim
ps you two look fabulous!!!!
Jenny I always enjoy reading your blog, you are such a talented writer and have a way of capturing your family with words! Your pictures and stories always brighten my day!
I'm not sure if you read the Faith & Family Blog (a daily blog of Catholic Living), but I thought of you when I read this article:
http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/blog/looking_good/
Thanks for sharing your family with us!
Do you know how long I've been waiting for this day...the haircut and to make the Blog!
Post a Comment