Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Greatest Gift...

Pope John Paul II once wrote, "the greatest gift a parent can give their child is a sibling."
I can not help but think of what a wise and holy man he was as I was looking at the unmistakable joy on our children's faces as they hold their new sister.


Nor can we ignore the immense pleasure they receive from just being near her, especially when this is the first thing they do in the morning.

Thank you Lord, for all of our children, and the blessing of siblings!

2 comments:

Gia said...

I do know how you feel...although it has been a few years since realizing it. I have 6 of the best kids ever and another on the way in November. I thank God for each one of them.

Poppy

Megan and Luke said...

gosh, you know how to make a girl emotional! beautiful sentiments, beautiful pictures, beautiful mama and babies.