Thursday, February 11, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton


1. Once, when I wanted to check my email, I didn't. That was a big success. Maybe too big for this list...

2. I made lunch. I did not wave the white flag from the couch with the chorus of whimpers, coughs and achy groans. I waved it after the bowl of Ramen.

3. After turning out a massive chicken pot pie, I successfully hoarded a handful of pie trimmings, fighting off five children, one much larger than the others, with varying assaults of pleading, whining and occasional foot stamping, all to assemble an off the cuff apple pie cobbler turnover mess of crust and sugary apples. And what a success it was!

Check out Faith and Family's web site for other Successful Moms.

3 comments:

Farmer's City Wife said...

#1 is one of my Lenten resolutions. It's so awfully hard, isn't it?? Congrats on doing it in Ordinary Time! :-D

#3 made me laugh.

What a great week! :)

Unknown said...

Now I want a Chicken Pie, lol.

Good job on the email, I check mine a lot too, and am usually dissapointed that it's mostly junk.

Unknown said...

Yummm...I love chicken pot pie! And don't get me started on apple yumminess.

#1 is a HUGE success. One I wish to emulate!

have a great week...