Thursday, October 29, 2009

Small Successes: Felines

FaithButton


1. I successfully washed our bed sheets, bed skirt, pillow shams, throw pillows, duvet and comforter and returned all bed belongings to their proper places in the same day.*

2. Also that day, I emptied two closets of 85% of their possessions, cleaned, sorted, donated, trashed and organized them, before tucking them neatly out of sight, again, in the same day.
*

3. The night preceding this day, I successful preserved the life of my former feline friend who chose the ease of a bathroom break somewhere in our bedroom rather than a trip outdoors; a choice made in obvious ignorance of the results of using such a potent smell to awaken my husband, whose 3:00 am solutions to a cat's misplaced urinal, although undoubtedly effective in prevention, are not always the most reasonable.



* The successes of this day are a result of the joint efforts of a highly motivated mother and father, a frozen casserole dinner, the first sunny day in weeks, a particularly engaging back yard mud puddle and a significant amount of grace.

No comments: