Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Birthday!

On October 10th we celebrated my wonderful wife's 29th birthday, the first of many I am sure. On the night before, I worked on preparing a great meal for a mother who too often eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and pasta with no sauce for lunch on a daily basis.


Normally, I would not brag about my cooking, but this meal turned out amazing! I did a little research and ended up grilling fresh lamb and asparagus. I also tossed a fresh salad to go along.


The lamb had a nice rub with lemon and spices, and the asparagus was drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette glaze and fresh Parmesan cheese.


All of this was topped off with a nice Merlot!

What a wonderful and amazing woman, mother and wife, who deserves this kind of meal everyday, and too often ends up with much less!

4 comments:

Momma Mere said...

I heard about this meal, it sounded amazing by Jen's description! The pictures look good enough to eat! Thank you for cooking an awesome meal for her!

Megan said...

Way to go, Jeremiah! I am impressed. She is an incredible lady. Blessed to know her.

Gia said...

Yes she is an incredible lady and I am so thankful God created an incredible gentleman to be her spouse.
We love you Jer.
Happy 29 beautiful daughter

ViolinMama said...

Happy B-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless (and you rock big dadda!)