Thursday, September 10, 2009

Small Successes

1. I juggled a six, four, two and one year old in our classroom this week, and successfully managed to harmonize with the choral background music rather than the defiant rebellion of toddler curiosity so disruptively present in the foreground.

2. I ate lunch every day before 2:00; a success even if it did mean eating PB&J with the kids rather than hoping for something better later.

3. I found a minute; a few more than one really, but the first was well disguised. They have been disappearing over the last couple of years, and I finally discovered, after a critical examination of the "darn, I only have a couple minutes before . . ." statement , which so frequently resulted in an attitude of casual idleness, that an abundance of productivity was there in well camouflaged.
Amazingly, a toilet and sink can both be cleaned in the six and a half minutes before mass!


FaithButton

Read other moms' successes at Faith and Family Live!

2 comments:

ViolinMama said...

hehehe! HAHA! Love #3 and your whole list. I needed a good chuckle, and inspiration!!!

Have a great weekend!

Kansas Mom said...

It's the toddler rebellion I fear most in the coming months. Mine is 13 months and so far is managing alright during school. She just crawls into my lap and throws the books on the floor and colors her brothers papers and bites the tops off markers and climbs the ladder to the bunk beds...

It looks a bit scary when written like that, but I know...it could be much worse. In fact, it probably will be!

It's a good thing they're so cute and snuggly, isn't it?