1. I have accepted the uphill battle that a nine day trip to St. Louis can wage against the attempted, if never realized, level of sanity, order and general good will expected in our home. And therefore, every morning, I have successfully picked up yesterday's To-Do list and exclaimed, "well, at least we're saving paper because there is certainly no reason to write a new one!" without losing my peace.
2. I voluntarily offered my seat as the reigning "Guess Who" champion, having shut out the competition entirely after three fairly intense games, to go clean the toilet.
(It's amazing how difficult it can be at times to not guess the correct person.)
3. We have added an aspect of multicultural experience to the dinner table this week, by replacing our standard three Italian, two Mexican and one Wild Card meals with a Greek, a Swedish and an Asian entree. Best of all, this elevation of our cultural pallet was all prepared with the purchase of only five items from the store.
2. I voluntarily offered my seat as the reigning "Guess Who" champion, having shut out the competition entirely after three fairly intense games, to go clean the toilet.
(It's amazing how difficult it can be at times to not guess the correct person.)
3. We have added an aspect of multicultural experience to the dinner table this week, by replacing our standard three Italian, two Mexican and one Wild Card meals with a Greek, a Swedish and an Asian entree. Best of all, this elevation of our cultural pallet was all prepared with the purchase of only five items from the store.
(Perhaps this is a greater testimony to my overstuffed cabinets than my thrifty culinary expertise.)
1 comment:
it's great to shop from your cupboards...don't you think? I was able to have several meals this week because of our overstuffed cupboards. Lots of pasta. I must stock up when it's on sale.
Post a Comment